I'm an Influenster!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Free Bird

Everyone knows the song Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I was listening to it yesterday while playing Rock Band with the family.
I decided that the term can be open to interpretation.
The way I hear it, its just a cop out.

Its a man saying in as few words as possible
that he refuses to settle down.
He just can not. Because he can not change that hes a "FREE Bird"

I think it means that he Will not change.
"My husband says, "All men change if they are married."
Which reminded me of one of my favorite quotes.

A woman marries a man, thinking he will change.
But he doesn't.
A man marries a woman, thinking she will never change.
And she does.

I think that married men might try to grow,
I don't think they change much about themselves.
But they do love, and they adapt, because of that love.

It it sad to continue to always live your life as a free bird.
You never let anyone truly love you.
I think its because the "Free Bird" knows not how to truly love.
They do not want to be married, for they think of it as "tied down"
Which can in turn hurt the children if they ever have any.

Children do not understand the thoughts behind,
I can not change...
They only know that you left them.
You ran from them.

To "I can not change."
I say, Change is the only constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment