I'm an Influenster!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dark Friday to Arrive

Next Friday I may just bawl my eyes out.
If you are a regular reader you will know why.
Friday the 13 will be my very own horror filled day.
ONE of the things that has been a constant in my LIFE that led TO my love for television, will now be one sad day for me to LIVE.
That's right Friday the 13th is the final day for One Life To Live.
With no Prospects at this time for any on line survival of our beloved soap.
Prospect Park as of now is no longer bringing OLTL and AMC to an online media as first reported.
These last few months have been the best I have seen for oltl in a while.
Even ending with a bang.
A prison break has the town in an emotional crisis this week.
With the Messenger leading the pack. Yup that's right folks, Mitch Lawerence is.
Back to say farewell.
Only one face was missing in my opinion Brandon buddy who lives in our hearts
as none other than Cole Thornheart.
I'm unclear on why he was recast but am also unhappy about it.

I can tell you right now where I will be next Friday from 1-2 pm.
In my living room plopped in front of my TV with a large box of tissues, crying and mourning the loss of my beloved Buchanan family, The Mcbain's, all those Cramer women, and Todd.
As well as the Vega's, Delgado's, Destiny and the Evans family,
The Balsom's Rex Gigi and Shane,
even new faces like the Ford brothers, Abury, Cutter and his sister Kimberly
who in a hug twist turned out to be Alex Olanov's children!
I will so miss those timeless places such as
Angel square and the Palace hotel.

Daytime television is just not Daytime television without
Erika Slezak (Victorian Lord Buchanan Davidson Banks)
and Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord Cramer Vickers).

I told you in an earlier post about a Facebook page I joined called Daytime Fans Unite.
Our mission is to reach the number of fans that was asked of us in order to possibly get
a cable network to air our shows.
100K LIKES we are at 7,067 so far. Needing help, so if you ever watched a soap
or loved a character as we do, head on over and give um a like.

12 comments:

  1. I too will be sitting on my sofa with OLTl for the last episode on Friday Jan. 13, it will be a very sad day indeed and I wish there was some way to save our soaps. It will be like missing part of my family because they have been in my life for so long. I have watched since day 1 and I also wish they had not recast Cole for the ending. I still can't believe there is no network out there to take over our beloved shows and keep them going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will get it done if we are persistent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be right there too ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be difficult to fill the void that the loss of OLTL will leave. I am 64 years old and have been watching since I was 22, so the citizens of Llanview have been my friends for my entire adult life. When I will no longer be able to spend an hour a day with them, it will be as if an entire airplane full of my friends crashed and died. I have several friends who have watched for at least 30 years and we discuss the events and characters, as though they are our friends. I am just so sad.

    I managed to get tickets to The View for Jan. 13, which will be a tribute show to OLTL and many of the stars will be there. I hope this will help me to get over my sadness. So, I will have to watch the last show on the the DVR, which is better than the VHS on which I watched it for so many years.
    I am trying to make something good come from this, like resolving to go to the gym in that extra hour I will have each day. No matter what I do, I am sure it will take me a long time to get over OLTL. To the actors, producers, directors, and everyone who worked on OLTL, thanks for so many years of joy and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. I am 30 years old and I have been watching my whole life! With my physical disability my Mom would set me in front of the tv during the day while she would do her house work. As a teenager in high school I would record them everyday on my VCR and watch every night. I have been a major fan and supporter of all 3 ABC soaps as well as a few on the other channels through my life. So wish I could be there with you on the View. But I will watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful website you created and you are describing how over a million viewers feel... we are an elite group AMC, OLTL fans. WE DESERVE BETTER..... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. Yes we are an elite group!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to am very sad. I have been watching since I was 15 years old. I am now 57. My mother and grandmother used to watch. They have passed away. My daughter watches and my sister in law. We went to Florida for 5 years to Super Soap weekend. It was so magical and awesome to see all the stars up close and personal. They are fantastic people and wonderful actors. I will miss them dearly. I just can't understand with all the networks out there, why can't they take over these shows. So very sad...just don't understand...Why couldn't they put the shows on Soapnet! That is what it was created for! What the hell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what else to say... you have all reflected what I feel so well...I try to keep the Hope and Faith a live that we will succeed at saving all our shows...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I totally agree! Soapnet was created for soaps. Why isnt soapnet picking them up?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Mystic Dreamer! So glad you joined the site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too sad. ABC is being ridiculously inept. Can't believe it's the end. Somebody please listen to us!

    ReplyDelete