I'm an Influenster!

Friday, February 10, 2012

My new Hat

Well late Wednesday night I got to add another title to my name, veterinarian.
Yes that's what I said.
No I did not graduate vet school.
I helped birth 2 of 4 new puppies in our home.
I gave up after 2.
I was up till 4 am just me and my Dotty the Dachshund.

As I watched her in labor I very much wanted to cry.
I could see how hard she struggled. I could see the pain in her eyes.
And I wished I could take her pain away.
She labored for 2 1/2 hours before the first puppy came.
I sat next to her on the floor the whole time.
I do not know why I had a cage ready with blankets in a nice warm spot if she was going to have them on a pile of my husbands dirty clothes behind our bed room door.
Yet there we sat waiting for pain to reside and a baby pup to arrive.
I thought of all the outside dogs who give birth all alone.
My dotty only seemed okay if I was giving her words of encouragement or stroking her head.

Yes they are animals and God made them perfectly capable of having babies all by themselves.
But if you ever sit with a momma dog and see her eyes looking back at you for help and love, you would never want to let one go through it alone again.

I didn't know what to do.
I knew she only needed my assistance but I thought, she's in trouble if I'm her only hope.
Yet we made it, I got way too tired to carry on and fell asleep.
I heard her have the 3rd and I drifted off.
When I woke in the morning, it was to a very protective mother and 4 of the cutest puppies ever.
Being a mother, a woman, a housewife, it comes with so many hats.
We learn new skills all the time.
We must adapt.
The entire house is counting on us.
Most think the man of the home is the more depended on, I disagree.

The woman is the rock of the family.
She nurses, bandages, soothes, fills out papers, teaches math, cooks, cleans, keeps the house in cocoa and so much more. That being one of the reasons I began this blog.
So that those out there know that you are not alone.

So I will be taking Dotty to be neutered soon.
But that was a night I won't soon forget.

My House presently home to
Hubby, Son, Danny and Dotty and 4 more Dachshunds, and Housewife makes 9.

3 comments:

  1. We can always count on you..thank you!
    You Definatly make our family complete..
    without you we would be lost.
    We love you
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can always count on you..thank you!
    You Definatly make our family complete..
    without you we would be lost.
    We love you
    ;)

    ReplyDelete