I'm an Influenster!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Titanic 100 years later...

Titanic in all it's Glory 1912
So I thought today was the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
But I was mistaken, it's actually the 15th, that will be the 100th.

It's a huge event in our history.
The unsinkable, sinking.
The mysteries and great numbers that were lost.

With the movie associating the vast boat to Romanticism, we view it as though that were the true story, even though it was only a portrayal.

There are no living survivors any longer. The last died in 2009, she had only been 2 months old when on board the Titanic.

I have always been intrigued by the gigantic boat, I went to the theater to watch the movie as a teenager. I have even watched a few documentaries on the subject.
But it's not a day in history that I would have wanted to live.

Do you have an interest in History?
I enjoy learning about the past.
The ways in which things were done.

Things have changed so much.
Even this last 100 years the changes were so big that it's nothing like it was in 1900.

Clothes have gotten much lighter and smaller for one thing. :)

I could have been a history major, I seem to have a knack for retaining useless information.

Useless because it doesn't pertain to me or anything I am doing.
Not that history can't teach us anything.

We still use marine time safety that they learned from the sinking of the Titanic, for one.
Titanic as it now rests at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment