I'm an Influenster!

Friday, November 18, 2011

My date with Vampires

Where to start?
So many things to say.

OK so the last 2 movies in the Twilight Saga I have gone and waited for hours to see.

For New Moon I stood out in the rain a bit to get tickets then waited in the theater for 2 hours so that I could hold 7 seats.


Then for Eclipse my dear friend,
who happens to own the theater in my home town,
held tickets for us.
Thus letting us pull up in front, get out and go in.

Oops. Sorry to the long, long line of Twi-hards
that had been waiting for hours in line.
My little family just skipped right ahead and went inside.
Yeah, it may have been a faux pas. But hey, what can i say?
Probably not a thing to make any of them any happier.

So this year I got our tickets early because
we were not able to go back home to see Breaking Dawn part 1.
And I have to say. It was so peaceful.
In fact I did not have to wait in any lines.

As far as Twilight movies go. Wow.
There were a few laughs, a gasp once at a shirtless Jacob Black.
Possibly a sigh from myself, at a very cleaned up Rob P
on honeymoon, as the very suave Edward Cullen.

But there were not hoards of screaming giggling pre-teens.
No rude families that happened to pick that show,
that night of all places for family night.
Knowing not one thing of Twi-anything.

No one loudly talking through the whole thing.
No, it was perfect.
My only distractions were a few phone calls and texts
from some of my lady friends, who must have forgotten
where I would be at today.

My dear husband even went along,
and tolerated my love for the Twiverse.

OK so the movie,
the main event,
Breaking Dawn Part 1.
What was my number one favorite thing about it?
Edward was NOT wearing LIPSTICK!!!!!!!
Yeah! I was so happy.
I have been too distracted by the last 2
(NM, Eclipse) to look at anything but his red lips.

The wedding was very beautiful!
They did Alice justice, it lived up to the wedding
she would have created.

I absolutly loved that Charlie was on the brink of tears
through the entire wedding and reception that followed.
And leave it to Jessica to think that Bella might be "showing."

A few times there were awkward moments.
Where I was thinking, "Weird"
And the birth scenes were a bit graphic.
I was expecting this. I admit I did see some
of the leaked photos from a while back,
showing some of these scenes.

But the honey moon, what everyone was waiting for, was great.
I was waiting for Edward to shyly say, "I bit a pillow."
But oh well, the feathers and destroyed bed room was worth it.

I was a bit nervous about the bedroom stuff,
seeing as how my 10 year old son was in attendance.
But it turned out ok.


Rob, you most definitely clean up well.
The honeymoon was great, he looked so yummy!
insert a bit of OCD here.   ....

Obsessive Cullen Disorder

Wiping a bit of drool, I continue...
I liked it much better than New Moon or Eclipse.
But it still can't top the original, Twilight, for me.

It was a great day for Team Edward fans.
We were finally given a good looking Edward to look at.
Summit was not trying to up the Bella/Jacob ante by making Edward look bad.

All the wigs were changed again.
They did look better than the last.
I did miss the original Alice do though.
Rose had much better hair this go around, yet something was
off about her leading man, Emmett.

I love the Emmett character in the books, he is a big
ole teddy bear that cracks crude jokes.
The love between the Cullen family is such a wonderful, powerful
thing. Yet it does not comes across on the big screen.

And of course a movie isn't a movie without action.
According to Hollywood anyway.
So expect action between the wolves and Cullen's, beyond the book version.

I did hear that it made a whopping 30.25 million on the midnight showings.
Topping the record that Eclipse previously set. 

Oh and it was quite a welcomed surprise to see the woman that started it all,
Stephanie Meyer herself, attending the nuptials of the bride and groom!

Go Team Edward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment