I'm an Influenster!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reading Corner

When you think of snuggling up in a cozy corner to read a good book,
do you think of reading about Drugs, TV, eating disorders,
family turmoil, and struggling to find ones self?

Not usually, no.

I am reading Maureen McCormick's biography.

Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady
and Finding My True Voice

You know her, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
Yup the eldest Brady Daughter.


Although she probably doesn't even like being known as such
after all these years Marsha Brady has haunted her life.
The book debuted in 2008 as number 4 on the New York Times
best sellers list and stayed there for 3 weeks.

She has lead a very interesting life.
Seeing so many things and places,
some of the things she has seen and done I could not begin to
imagine myself, coming out on the other side whole.

She is an amazing woman in my opinion for that alone.
The drug abuse, bulimia, and other things she went through
are life lessons that I am sure would break me.

I am on part 2 of the book so far.
She has gone back to even include her grandparents histories
as well as her parents.
I knew that The Brady Bunch was filmed years ago but until she wrote
of her grandparents in WW2 I had not thought about how long ago it was.
The histories of her grandparents and parents are just a fascinating as her own.

I have already read up to the end of the Brady Years and those right after.
It is a wonderful read.
I hardly want to put it down.

Have any of you read the book?
Any one now interested to read it?
Leave your thoughts below, I would love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment